Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kale Caesar Salad

Trillium Haven's restaurant creates one of the best caesar salads I have ever tried and they do so with kale! So when my favorite food blogger posted her variation, I had to try it.


I followed her recipe exactly and it calls for massaging the kale. I don't think I will do that next time as our farm kale is usually so tender. Maybe this is necessary for grocery store kale.

Creating an anchovy paste was a bit cumbersome. When I searched for easier ways to do so, I discovered that you can purchase anchovy paste already made (you all probably knew this but we are not big fans of anchovy over here). I think I will go with the paste next time which will probably create a smoother dressing.

This is an excellent salad. It is a bit more time consuming than I am used to (I usually throw some feta, leftover steamed or raw veggies, and some dressing that I make in large batches into the farm greens and toss) but it was a close second to Trillium's salad.

Happy eating,
Kara
-------------------------------------------------

Ingredients

Directions

from Annie's Eats
www.annies-eats.com/2013/04/29/massaged-kale-caesar-salad/
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment